How to Use Social Media for Real Estate Lead Conversion
For better or for worse, social media has crept into nearly every aspect of our lives. It’s where we go to catch up with old friends who live far away, it’s where we find news sources, it’s where we check out companies or products before we use them, and much more. There are literally billions of people who use social media every single day, with 57.6% of the world’s population on at least one social media site as of October 2021.
Here’s the breakdown:
- Facebook daily users: 1.930 billion
- Instagram daily users: 500 million
- Twitter daily users: 206 million
- Tik Tok daily users: 50 million
With these kinds of numbers, there is simply no good reason why you should not be using social media to your full advantage for real estate lead conversion.
Let’s take a closer look.
Top Benefits of Using Social Media for Real Estate Lead Conversion
There are a wide range of benefits to incorporating multiple social media platforms into your lead conversion strategy. Here are just a few of the most important ones:
- An alternative to cold calling – With average answer phone answer rates continually decreasing, it’s important for real estate agents to diversify their cold lead generation strategies. Social media is one way to do that. Whether through paid, organic, or direct messaging, these platforms connect you with potential clients in a way that was only possible via phone calls 15 years ago.
- Visually promote your services or listings – People love videos. The fantastic success of Tik Tok in recent years is proof enough of that. Make short, sharp videos showing your properties, capabilities, track record, family, and anything else related to you or your business. Putting yourself out there has will help you find buyers for existing listings and show that you are a dedicated, creative agent to potential sellers.
- Boost traffic to your website – Each of your social media pages should link back to your website, giving you a backlink which will help your SEO. Additionally, you can share pages, blog posts, or listings on your social media channels to encourage potential clients to visit your site and see what you are all about.
- Understand your client demographic – Once you are active on social media using both paid and organic posts, you can use social media analytics to understand who is viewing and clicking your content. These insights will help you tweak your social media strategy and overall brand to fit better with that demographic.
- Show that you are a human – Social media lets you share personal challenges, triumphs, facts, and experiences. Take advantage of it! Share what you are up to, how things are going, how your family is doing. All of these things will show that you are more than just an agent or a sales person.
Ideas to Use Social Media Effectively
There are many ways to put social media to work for real estate lead conversion, and we will go into the specifics of strategies to use in a future article. With that said, here are some content ideas for your business:
- Real estate news and market updates – Keep your clients, prospects, and leads informed as to how the market is looking and what’s going on in the industry.
- Tips and how-to’s – Educate your audience on all things real estate. How to stage a home, what the most valuable renovations are when it comes to selling, how your yard should look when buyers are coming by, how to highlight your home’s best summer and winter features, and the list goes on.
- Client testimonials – Build trust and credibility with your social media audience by providing proof that you are good at what you say you do! Videos are best, but sharing any type of testimonial is a great way to convince prospects who are unsure about working with you.
- Tips or developments in your local community – Be a resource for your audience for your community. Talk about new things opening up, events happening, things to do, where people are moving to, etc. Establish yourself as the expert on your local market!
- Display listings – Post pictures and videos of your listings. Do walk throughs, highlight the best features, even interview the owner! The sky’s the limit with how creative you want to be.
Social media should be a central part of your real estate lead conversion strategy as we move further into 2022. Stay tuned for more tips, best practices, and strategies to come in future articles of ours!